Monday 15 June 2015

Hello to our June Guest ...

This month we welcome Deb McCleary as our guest designer with her wonderful layout based on her interpretation of our image this month  ...


- can you guess what inspired her?  ....

I took inspiration from the wonderful, rainbow-coloured hot air balloons in this gorgeous photo.  I wanted to scrap a marvellous photo a friend took of a rainbow that seemed to have it's end right on the roof of my house.  Despite much digging, I am yet to find any pots of gold...

My name is Deb, I turn 41 at the end of this month, and I'm from Melbourne. I've been married to a wonderful man for nearly 15 years, and together we have two pretty awesome children (Master 12 and Miss 10), as well as a pair of norty-torty sister kittens who are nearly 3 years old.

I've tried all sorts of papercrafting: I started out scrapbooking 10 years ago and then I discovered stamps and card making a few years back. So now, I am primarily a card maker and stamper, with a very clean style. However, in entering these wonderful blog challenges, I am starting to get back into my scrapbooking a lot more again, and I'm enjoying experimenting with mixed media. I love attending classes to learn more and more mixed media techniques, and I've discovered that I love getting messy!

Most of the cards I make are donated to assorted charity organisations such as Combat Cards, the Caring Hearts Card Drive, Westmead Children's Hospital in NSW, as well as to the fundraising team at my children's school.

I would love it if you would check out my blog http://www.handmadecardsbydeb.blogspot.com.au/ and say g'day!
Here are some more examples of my work ...

 

Thank you so much for joining us this month Deb and being part of the team during June. 

You have until the end off the month to play along with our Pixels and Paper challenge.  We'd love to see how you are inspired by our photograph.  Thank you for your continued support.

Next week we have something special to share with you from a member of our design team.  Please call past on the 22nd for some Team Training.


2 comments:

  1. Deb, I love your rainbow themed LO and the other ones too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Deb, welcome! Love your rainbow theme - that's such a fab photograph and fun journalling too :)

    ReplyDelete