Monday 1 June 2015

Welcome to June ...

This month we are going outdoors to the wide open spaces with this delightful photograph.  


There are many things here to inspire you.  The colours of the balloons, the balloons themselves or the feeling of space and light and freedom they may evoke.  The sense of country or of farming, wind, clouds and flat grassy plains, trees and grass, early morning and the stillness of those first few hours of the day.  Whatever the inspiration we would love to see your work in our gallery this month.


Our team have some very different yet individually inspiring work to show you ...


LYNNE
My June project is an art journal page and I was inspired by the balloons, their colours, and the feeling of freedom they gave me-to be yourself and FLY!!

DI
I've used the inspiration photo quite literally this time, and have interpreted it using paper and stamps, to do a a layout without photos.  I've used Iris Folding and Venetian Folding to make two of the balloons. The other one has been made with strips of paper glued to a cardboard template. This has been over stamped to create the impression of rising up behind trees.  I've also used a number of the colours that are present in the photo inspiration.

HEIDI
My photo of the party balloons worked perfectly with the inspiration this month and all the lovely bright colours.  I made the hot air balloon by printing out one then colouring with my pens.
Hope you can join us this month - can't wait to see what you come up with.

TONE-LILL
 My best friend has birthday in June so I decided to make a card for her. It was the air balloons that inspired me from the inspiration picture and I up cycled an old coffee paper filter, decorating both sides and using the filter bag to keep the tags.

We would love to see your paper creations and we accept all kinds in our challenge, Digital pages are most welcome as our challenge are for those of you who like to create with pixels as well as paper :)

 JANE
 
 I was instantly drawn to both the colours in this photo and the hot air balloons.  Initially I planned on doing a rural Australia scene but changed my mind when looking through my photo packs deciding to showcase these images of my dd and her bf on the Sydney Tower Skywalk.  This seems to capture the essence of freedom and living life to the full.

REGINA
 The image really screamed Aussie outback to me, so I was inspired to scrap a page from our trip through the red centre on the Ghan late last year. Use lots of texture on this page, chipboard barbwire and balloon, hessian and corrugated cardboard to support my theme. Looking forward to seeing how you all interpret this month's image.

PHILLIS
I was instantly drawn to the rainbow colors and the hot air balloon. I used mist to create a rainbow from top to bottom on my paper. I wanted to use a photo that had lots of color and so chose our family photo from last Fall. I've had this hot air balloon and wanted to add that. SO I then added the white gesso to give texture and to add the "In the clouds" feel to the page.

KAREN
I was inspired by the windmill - such an iconic sight all around Australia. I have LOTS of photographs of windmills and scenery which I took on our recent trip to outback Queensland, so it was just a matter of choosing which one to scrap!


NOW IT IS YOUR TURN ...

Please upload the DIRECT link to your actual entry to the link tool on the LEFT by 11.55pm on June 30th.

You are welcome to submit traditional paper layouts, art journals, divided page protectors, smash books (etc). Digital entries are welcomed and encouraged.  All entries must be new for this challenge and no back-linking please.

  I am happy for you to combine with two other challenges but the essence of the Pixels and Paper inspiration must be clear in your work. Combining with a sketch and technique/product challenge would be preferred. Please include our inspirational picture as well as provide a link back to Pixels and Paper on your blog post and don't forget to tell us how you were inspired. International submissions are welcome.

This year we will have two main prize packs - one will be selected by Creative Team vote and the other purely by random draw - so anyone could be a winner, no matter your style or your level of experience.  All these prizes will be available to anyone, no matter your country of residence.  We will also offer one entrant a chance to guest with us for the following month and they will also receive a small prize.

Please come back on the 8th when we will announce the winners for May.

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE all the different interpretaions

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice interpretations of the photo. Love the iconic outback Karen, I love taking photos of windmills as I travel around - now I wonder where mine are!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great inspiration....and beautiful projects!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Before we begin, we need to understand what exactly is a dead pixel on your laptop screen. A dead pixel, by definition, is a dot of display on your lapotp screen that remains unlit. ป๊อกเด้ง


    ReplyDelete