Tuesday 1 March 2016

Welcome to March ...

and the beginning of cooler days and sleep worthy nights. I personally love this time of year as we leave behind the hot and sometimes humid days of summer.

This month we hope to inspire you with this photograph and ask you to create an entry in a MONO CHROMATIC colour scheme (using a single colour selection in different shades). It doesn't have to be brown - you can use any colour base you like.


As to the actual photograph, perhaps this inspires you to document a favourite drink or a special meal you shared with family or friends.  Maybe you have some cute pics of your children indulging in baby cappuccinos or with frothy milk moustaches.  Perhaps you are drawn to the cup and saucer and remember a time in your past when china was an important element or maybe you just like the image of a heart and wish to use these on your page.  Whatever it is we would love to see your take on our challenge this month.



CRITERIA - A monochromatic colour scheme (can be any colour).


Our team have some amazing layouts to show you ...


KAREN
I do love hot drinks of all kinds, and I don't need much encouragement to take photographs when we go out for a special treat! I used tones of mustard in my layout.

DEB
 I was inspired by the idea of displaying a black and white photo on a black and white monochromatic page, and using grey tones too. Obviously the heart shape needed to make an appearance as well.

REBECCA
I was inspired by the heart and the concept of coffee (because after a day at work I needed coffee to stay awake for late night story time).

DI
This month, I used the brown tones from the inspiration photo to make a page showing one of the spectacular limestone creations at Hastings Caves in south-eastern Tasmania. The inked edges also had a reference to the coffee. The colour used was "Ground Espresso"! I also used this to colour the pieces of gauze and the stamped and stencilled base card stock.

REGINA
 I chose the peach tones simply because I had more of that in my stash! My g.d. selfie, not a fan of selfies, but thought I'd better scrap it or else I'd be in trouble with her!

LYNNE
I was inspired by the mug and the hearts...I took a photo of our mugs when my bestie was over for coffee the other day and this page is a tribute to our friendship.

PHILLIS
I was first inspired by the heart and the coffee. My daughter loves her iced coffee, chai tea, and other fancy drinks. I found this photo of her and my husband when they were using free Wi Fi, and drinking coffee and chai. We were on land from our Alaskan Cruise and the free Wi Fi made them both very happy. It was available when we bought drinks from a small coffee shop in Ketchikan, Alaska.

JANE
Inspired by the drink theme and use of hearts.

NOW IT IS UP TO YOU ...


Please upload the DIRECT link to your actual entry to the link tool on the LEFT by 11.55pm on March 31st.

You are welcome to submit traditional paper layouts, art journals, divided page protectors, smash books, a mixed media canvas. Digital entries are welcomed and encouraged.  All entries must be new for this challenge and no back-linking please.

  You may combine with a sketch challenge only - no other combining will be accepted. Please include our inspirational picture as well as provide a link back to Pixels and Paper on your blog post and don't forget to tell us how you were inspired. International submissions are welcome.

This year we will have two main prize packs - one will be selected by Creative Team vote and the other purely by random draw - so anyone could be a winner, no matter your style or your level of experience.  All these prizes will be available to anyone, no matter your country of residence.  We will also offer one entrant a chance to guest with us for the following month and they will also receive a small prize.


Please come back on the 8th when we will announce our winners for February.

1 comment:

  1. That photo is so inspirational! The colors (brown is my favorite) the drink (coffee is my favorite)... and just the overall design of it! Gosh I really hope I have time to play!!!

    ReplyDelete